Welcome Friend!
My material ranges from food, fashion, inspiration, life and whatever else may take my fancy. I write in the form of letters to my alter ego Veronica which gives me the freedom to discuss certain topics with a conversational and human voice. In essence my blog is for open discussions especially the philosophical variety. I hope you stick around and if you want to talk, don't be a stranger and drop me a comment. x

Thursday 26 June 2014

Kaleidoscope, Sadness, Likes

Dear V

Life is real good sometimes. Its about making things significant. Lately I have been trying to appreciate things more, especially the most common things. I find that when something is seen too often, or is integrated into the ordinary, there is a lost in beauty. There is so much to do and see in the world as cliche as it sounds. But its the truth, so many experiences and prospects that make me want to fill my bucket list with.

And I guess it there is this extreme there must be a corresponding opposite. There is also much sadness in the world. It is too fast to fall from happiness to sadness. It would almost be cruel, if it weren't a natural process of things.

Sitting here talking to you reminds me to look at things differently. Like though a kaleidoscope perhaps, there is so much color which I guess can be synonymous to life and opportunity but in certain cases there is vertigo with the patterns. 


That wasn't a bad analogy. But the only fault I suppose is the tunnel vision. You know the blurring edges, when only one aspect of the pattern is clear but the mirrored images of it is blurry? Anyway what I mean is that there is a lack of openness in the world these days. People need to come to empathize if not sympathize with their fellow human. For example maybe a friend is trying to get out of the friend zone- if your perceptive enough to see this, why not ease their struggle and be upfront about it. Imagine the world if everyone was like this.
"Hey Stranger, I could not leave this cafe without saying how beautiful your eyes. Sorry if I interrupted you, have a nice day."
There is too much self appreciation and jealousy. I see it so much on social media. I see people finding approval through the number of 'likes' they receive on their profile picture. Some of the comment make me chuckle to myself sometimes but in such a case it is best to be modest but balance a sort of grace to accept compliments.

 There are so many mundane things that now make me genuinely smile. And these opportunities to write make me really appreciative as an aspiring writer. Though many of my responses may not have made sense, its all very real. Like an spontaneous flow of thought from my mind. At every thought I try to manage comprehensible language to communicate the workings of my mind. I must confess it makes me feel powerful.

P.s
I suggest smiling when you can, but the best smile is the uncontrollable ones, the ones that surface deep within, the ones that only your intimates gets to see and the one the world is seldom graced with.

Love
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird